Hello From Courtney!

Thursday, July 03, 2014

Hello my fellow Modkid fans! Patty gave me such a great welcome at the beginning of the week, and now I’m here tell you how excited I am to be part of the Modkid team! Way before I was pattern testing for Patty, I was sewing Modkid patterns. And I just can’t stop! Thankfully, my photo skills have improved a tad since the time of some of these outfits. These Ava tops are near and dear to my heart since I made them for my now 6 year old and they've been passed down to my 2 year old.

Flower Ava

Modkid Intro

I couldn’t wait for the release of the Modkid Style book, and this is one of many items I’ve sewn from it.

Modkid Intro


Fast forward a bit closer to the present, and I have to let you know that I rarely only sew a Modkid pattern for testing. They are just too good and demand to be lived in, played with, and worn for fun! You saw several of my tester photos in Patty’s post, but here are a few that came after the fact. This is the Bailey Romper.

Modkid Intro

When I pattern tested the Zoey Summer Ensemble, I sewed it for my two year old. Well, big sis certainly needed one too.

Modkid Intro 
I always try to mix things up a bit, a tendency I hope to bring to some of my Modkid posts to show different ways to take a Modkid pattern even further. Here I added a pintuck detail to the Hailey Girls Top.

 Modkid Intro


Finally, I couldn’t leave you without something new, so I used the super speedy Malibu Cross-back dress pattern for a little 4th of July fun.

Modkid Intro

I just love this back!! And, with the aid of Fold Over Elastic for the binding, it all came together in no time.

Modkid Intro

Now, for a few random things about me just so we’re all comfortable here:
  • I’m a Texan at heart transplanted to the South. (No, Texas isn’t considered part of The South)
  • Cop shows have always been my favorite, and now I’m married to one.
  • My favorite color is purple.
  • As you may have guessed, I love dessert especially cupcakes.
  • I can’t spell. Thankful for spell check!
Hopefully, we’ll all have a chance to get to know each other better through this awesome sewing community. We’re chatting away on the new Facebook Group, so come join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi Playground |