MODKID SUMMER FUN Virtual Book Tour, and entering to win a free book of your own at each stop. There were some amazing posts and super cute sewn items shared. I wish I could visit everyone personally and give them a big fat hug, but alas this virtual THANK YOU SQUEEZE will have to do! :)
Here is a quick recap of the virtual book tour (with some direct links to the posts):
- On April 1st, my dear friend, Jen Coe, of FabricBliss, shared the Swimsuit, Sun Hat and Beach Bag she made from the book: http://fabricbliss.blogspot.com/2014/04/modkid-summer-fun-blog-tour-and-giveaway.html
- On April 2nd, we saw Carla Crim's adorable Sun Hat, which happens to be a miniature version of the one I designed for her Sewn Hats book: http://www.scientificseamstress.blogspot.com/2014/04/summer-fun-with-patty-young.html
- On April 3rd, the adorable Sara Lawson, of SewSweetness, shared the Sleeping Bag she made with her daughter (WOW!) for her Hello Kitty doll: https://sewsweetness.com/2014/04/modkid-summer-fun-and-giveaway.html
- On April 4th, Tracy Mooney at GenerationQ also made a Sleeping Bag for her daughter Cyd's doll, Mia (I just adore that sushi fabric!!): http://generationqmagazine.com/2014/04/modkid-summer-fun-blog-tour/
- On April 5th the third and last Sleeping Bag, this time with matching Pillow, came courtesy of Suzanne Winter at Pattern Revolution: http://patternrevolution.com/pattern-reviews/2014/4/4/modkid-summer-fun-sew-7-stylish-patterns-for-18-inch-dolls-by-patty-young
- On April 7th, Laura Kelly, of Laura Kelly Designs and Doll Diaries, shared a couple of mix & match Beach Bags she made from the book: http://www.laurakellydesigns.com/laurakellydesignsblog/index.php/2014/04/07/diy-doll-beach-bags-modkid-summer-fun/
- On April 8th, Lindsey Fullington and team at American Patchwork & Quilting made a plethora (I just wanted to use that word!) of mini pillows in honor of their 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge, which MODKID is a proud sponsor of: http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/blogs/apqstaff/2014/04/08/modkid-summer-fun-blog-hop/
- On April 9th, Beth at SEW MAMA SEW shared some Tips & Tricks (written by yours truly) for how to sew doll clothes: http://www.sewmamasew.com/2014/04/tips-tricks-for-sewing-doll-clothes-modkid-summer-fun-giveaway/
- And last but certainly not least, On April 10th, my dear friend, Jenny Fish, shared the adorable Cargo Shorts and T-Shirt she made for her daughter's doll: http://sewprettydresses.blogspot.com/2014/04/modkid-summer-fun-blog-tour-and-giveaway.html
Today I am ALSO giving away a FREE copy of my new book, MODKID Summer Fun. All you have to do is leave me a comment and let me know if you've been following along with the tour and if there was a particular post you truly enjoyed... maybe a project you want to tackle yourself, or a story you found particularly sweet or funny. I will leave this contest up until next Wednesday, April 16th and then I will draw a winner. U.S. Residents will receive a paper copy and non US Residents will receive a digital copy of the book.
Good luck everyone! (don't forget to leave a way for us to contact you if you are the lucky winner!)
Also, you can purchase a signed copy on our website!
I leave you with a few of the photos we took along the way as we were designing the projects for the book: